Our Family...

Our Family...

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Am I a Bird, Kid???

I had to share this funny conversation between me and one of my students (6th Grader) today. It gave me a good internal laugh...

Student: Mrs. McSpadden, why were you gone so long?
Me: Last week? My baby was sick.
Student: No, before that. You were gone like a month.
Me: Well, actually it was 4 months. Remember, I had a baby.
Student: It took you 4 months to have a baby?!
Insert my thoughts here: I'm not a bird, kid. I didn't just sit on an egg for 4 months.
Me: No, just 27 hours. (As confusion strikes his face.)
Student: Oh. Why didn't you come right back? (I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be appropriate to explain the "after process" of having a baby and nursing, etc... to a 6th Grader, so...)
Me: Well, I had to take care of her and make sure she was doing okay.
Student: You got her ready for the baby sitter?
Me: Yep. I spent 4 months getting ready to send her to a sitter.
Student: Oh, okay. Glad she's not sick anymore.
Me: Thanks. :)

And thus ends my hilarious conversation with a 6th Grade boy. Even though I am really excited about staying home with Claire in a couple of months, these are the conversations and times I will miss about being a teacher. Excitedly, I look forward to having these moments with Claire!



3 comments:

Sarah Kirksey said...

Oh gosh, that is EXACTLY what I miss about the 6th graders! They are just so goofy sometimes!

Sarah Kirksey said...

Oh gosh, that is EXACTLY what I miss about the 6th graders! They are just so goofy sometimes!

Miss G said...

funny!!