The past few months have been a little crazy. Back in July, Claire had surgery at Children's, and it went really well. We definitely are grateful to God for keeping our baby girl safe and for healing her. It couldn't have gone better. Seriously, if your child needs to go to the ER or a hospital and you have time to drive a few extra minutes, go to Children's. They are wonderful with children and make a scary time for parents and children a whole lot easier.
Also in July, I entered my 30s. I actually feel so great about my 30s. With such a wonderful husband, lovely babies, beautiful home, special family and friends, I feel complete. I feel that God has blessed me so much in the 30 years I've been here on Earth, and I can't believe this is the life I get to live. I hope I can really enjoy my 30s more than my 20s, though. In my 20s I felt like 2 or 3 different people: college student, new teacher, new wife, new mom. I am really hoping to just take a deep breath and enjoy 30! My husband was so great to give me such a wonderful birthday present. He was my personal assistant for the day. He made us breakfast, changed a lot of diapers, scrubbed the bathtub, drove us around town, helped at the pool with the girls, had lunch with us, and then took us to Pappasitos (one of my favs).
He also gave me some time away with one of my best friends, Crystal by playing with the sisters all weeekend. We both added a new baby to our families this year, and as stay-at-home moms, we had a lot to talk about and celebrate. We laid by the pool, had a lovely dinner, and did some shopping. I even got a massage and pedicure to help me relax and welcome my 30s in style. It was a blast!
Happy Anniversary- well, in July, Mark and I also celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary. Really? Crazy. That means we've been together almost 11 years. This year, it was my year to plan, so I found a great deal on a modern-loft style hotel in the area. It was different than any other place we've stayed. We had some excellent meals (one at Jasper's- awesome) and we even had some time to relax by the pool and look at pianos. We are hoping to get one for the sisters to play, soon. It was a wonderful couple of days away. Thank you family for keeping the sisters! (I don't have any pictures of this, but we were actually having so much time relaxing, we didn't take a lot of pictures!)
We also got to celebrate the 1st Birthday of our best friends's daughter, and they had pony rides at the party. The girls had a blast. They even got to wear tutus. I could tell that I maybe hadn't quite "girlied" Claire up enough because she cried when I tried to put the tutu on her. I had to put one on so she wouldn't get scared. This is funny to me because when I was little I loved everything that was lace, frilly and ruffly, but I never put the girls in stuff like that. Weird.
Hooray for parties!
Look, horsies!
Mark is enjoying his work and has even taken time to enter a few code contests, and he has won a few of them. We are so proud of him! One of the things he was able to acquire by winning a code contest was an older version of an iPad. He gave it to the sisters to play with, so Claire has really been enjoying it! She'll say, "I plaaaayyy iPad. I play giwaffe. I play iPad." Soooo fun!





No comments:
Post a Comment