I hope that I can catch up and not be a month behind on every post, but I'm trying here!
Here are pics from our 1st Thanksgiving as a little family:
Daddy loves his baby girl!
We headed to Waco that weekend (just for a couple of hours) for a few close friends of the family to meet Claire. We only see them once a year, and they were excited to meet her. She did great in the car. Here's a pic of us outside by the lake (we only stood out there for about 2 minutes--- it was freezing!)
OTHER NEWS...
This week, Mark started a new job, and is really enjoying it. He no longer gets to work at home (sniffle, sniffle), but it looks like it will be a great opportunity for him.
Claire is doing great. She is 4 weeks old today! Time has flown by! We aren't sure how much she weighs, but most likely, she is still under 8 lbs. We are working on trying not to fuss so much in the evening. (Mark and I, too, but mostly Claire :)) She is really calm, alert, and naps great during the day, but the evenings are really inconsistent and at times quite difficult. We know it's a phase, but I am up to my ears in reading all different baby books (BabyWise, Baby Whisperer, Your Baby's 1st Year, What to Expect the 1st Year, and Happiest Baby on the Block). Is there not a book titled, "How to Raise a Baby that Sleeps Consistently and Never Fusses" ???
She's so stinkin' cute, though. I absolutely adore her. She's really opening her eyes really big, making fun sounds, and watching her laugh and grin in her sleep make me really look forward to the day when she'll laugh at me.
Until next time...
And when she's resting, peacefully! Here are some other pics: One where I am burping the bear... her face is so stinkin' cute! After a sponge bath, and one with mommy! She's such a joy!
2 comments:
She is so beautiful, Shevawn! What fun newborns are!! And the best part is, it just gets better. :)
Hey Shevawn, I'm Sarah Kirksey's sister & I was stalking your blog & I just think baby Claire is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!
Also, Emery went through the fusiness phase (and yes it is a phase) and it seemed that cluster feeding really helped. I would feed her at 4, 6, 8, & 10 (it makes for a busy night). It also seemed to help her sleep longer at night, too. I'm sure Sarah has told you about the Babywise Mom's blog- that's where I found the most information about it.
Congratulations again, & enjoy her!!!
Post a Comment