Our Family...

Our Family...

Monday, December 21, 2009

All the Nicknames...


I am starting to wonder if Claire will actually know what her real name is. I mean, we started with McBaby, then McBaby Girl, and Mark and I (even though no one else knew) started calling her Claire. But since she's been born, other names have emerged. Don't ask me where they've come from. I am curious, though, for all those parents out there. Is this normal? Am I the only one who does this? I mean, Mark and I do call each other Panda (he'll kill me for saying that), but that's it. No other names really. So why do I resort to this? I think it's cute, but I am preparing myself for that strange look from a bystander or relative, or sadly, the day Claire calls me "Shevawn" instead of "Mommy" in front of all of her tween friends, and tells me not to call her that cute nickname... well, that's a ways away, so I'll try to get away with it as long as I can! :)

Here are some of the names she has been called in no particular order...

Nicknames:
C
C Bear
Claire Bear
Little Bear
Monkey
Monkey Face
Button (my personal favorite)
Buggy
Pandita
Kiddo (this is what Mark calls her)

We'll see what other names emerge in time!


5 comments:

Ashley S. said...

I thought about doing this exact same post about Jake about 6 months ago. "Jake will probably never know his name..." because at that point I had about 25 different things I called him. Now it's down to about 5 and one of those is Jake, so that's good. :)

Sarah Kirksey said...

Hahaha...yes, it's normal! :) Camryn is "Bubby Sweet Sweet" lots of the time...don't ask. :) Can't wait to see the Claire Bear again soon!

Laura said...

Sadly...I do this with the dog. She responds to anything ranging from "Angie-pangie" to "My little pupperoni." God help my future children and the names I will come up with for them!!!

Shawna said...

This is definitely normal! I have so many names for Noah too! Buggy is my favorite name for Noah! :) Jason has some of his own too...he calls him Biggin a lot! It's really cute.

Jacquie said...

Absolutely!! I have called my girls all kinds of names. Sometimes I will call one of the girls something and Jason will look at me like "what?!".