Our Family...

Our Family...

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

All these babies....a blog blessing and mild rant... all in one

There must be something in the water. It seems like ever woman I know is pregnant... yep, preggars! It reminds me of a time about 3 and a 1/2 years ago when I would say, "Mark, all my friends are getting married!" I remember how much God has shown me that our patience in waiting to get get married has paid off, and I have to believe that he prepared me during that time for later on in my life when I would feel left out again... like I was the "only one" not experiencing something special. The truth is that "right now" is our something special. We are getting to spend quality time alone together, growing our marriage. 

Don't get me wrong- we aren't trying to have a baby... I mean for crying out loud- I am still trying to convince Mark of the benefits of having a dog! If that has taken 2 and a 1/2 years for him to cave on getting a dog, how old will we be when babies are in the picture? I know that women in the Bible were having babies until they were 50, but really?  Again, God has shown me how much patience is rewarded, so I trust that in God's timing, Mark and I will be blessed with.... a DOG... and then baby... who knows. 

Anyway, I am not saying I want us to join the baby train, I am just surrounded by these amazing women that are getting the opportunity to start a family with their amazing hubbies. I just pray that one day I will have the chance to share that opportunity with my husband. To see a little Mark... typing on his little MacBook.... well... it is just a precious thought. Honestly, I am just so excited about my friends and their husbands and the joy that they are experiencing that I can't stand it. I couldn't be happier for them. Bring on those babies... not a "McBaby" yet, but one day... hopefully....

This blog is dedicated to all my baby-filled friends: Crystal, Mandy, Somer, Kelly, Allison, Rachel (who just had her baby) and  the many others that I have forgotten (and some who probably haven't announced it, yet!)

3 comments:

Ashley S. said...

Whew. I'm right there with you. Everything you said is almost just like me. I thought at the beginning you were heading to your announcement. I'm glad we're together in this. I honestly think I know about 15 pregnant girls right now. It's a little ridiculous. I'm ready more than ever, but in my case we have to wait until October for any baby-related anything (ob visit, ultrasound, labor/delivery, etc.) to be covered by my new insurance. So I'm trying to wait patiently.
I also feel just like I did 3-4 years ago when everyone was getting married. We got married at the same time, so maybe we'll end up getting babies near the same time. When we're "older". Love ya babe!

Lesley said...

Hey Shevawn, I found your blog through your facebook profile and wanted to check it out. I am totally right there with you. Chad and I are in our fifth year of marriage and it really does feel like every girl I know is either pregnant, nursing, or "trying." So I totally know where you're coming from. Anyway, just thought I'd say "hi" on my first visit to your blog...didn't want to be a lurker! Hope y'all are doing well. Chad and I have a blog too, come on over and visit anytime!

Ashley S. said...

Alright. The other day I finally counted up how many people I know that are pregnant. 14. FOURTEEN! Then I found out last night that one of them had their baby last week. Then I found out this morning another friend is pregnant. FOURTEEN!