Our Family...

Our Family...

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

3rd Annual Cookie Decorating Party


This was year 3 of the cookie party that our good friends, Crystal and Keenan hold every year in December. Basically we eat a great, Mexican feast, we each get about 10 cookies to decorate (Crystal spent 3 hours baking them!) and we a have a contest. Our favorite cookies to decorate are always the "Decorate Your Spouse" cookie. We also decided to add the "Unique Christmas Sweater" contest to the mix.


Every year, it's a toss up to see who decorated the best spouse cookie. Unfortunately, I was a little more eager to eat my cookies, rather than decorate, so my spouse cookie of Mark ended up looking a bit like "Cartman" from South Park. Mark really redeemed himself this year, though. He stepped up his "cookie decorating game" a lot.

I guess I redeemed my lack of cookie decor. skills by wearing a sweater that looked like a blanket. I won for the ugliest sweater. :) The best part was that it only cost me $3. What a bargain! Mark won for most creative Christmas sweater. He had to improvise since he didn't have a Christmas sweater to wear. :)

We look forward to this party every year, and we can't wait until we get to show off our cookie skills again next year!

2 comments:

Zach and Alyson said...

So much fun! I can't wait to see y'all on Saturday night because it has been way too long. Maybe you should wear the sweater again. haha... BTW, I just tagged you for a survey on my blog. Hope that your week is going well!!

Sarah Kirksey said...

Wow, that sweater is pretty heinous...but somehow you still manage to make it look cute! :) Love ya, girl!