Our Family...

Our Family...

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Daddy's Daughters

I can't tell you enough how wonderful my husband is. He does it all... works so hard at his job, spends his free time (not that he has a lot) with his family and friends, serves others, enjoys learning, prefers reading to tv, cooks, changes diapers, feeds babies, gives me an night out once a week, plans date nights, is flexible, he's patient, and he is a man of God. What a great blessing it is for the sisters to have him as a father. I am so excited each day that they get to sit in his lap and read a story, laugh with him, and look freakishly like him. Seriously, will I ever have a child that looks like me?

With Claire, Mark is so loving.
I remember the day she was born, and Mark sang, "Welcome to the World" by Sister Hazel, to her. Tear.
He'll also pull her up in his lap and read to her. One of my favorite things is when he taught her how to roll a ball and throw it. Of course her first word was daddy. Go figure! When Claire was in the hospital, he was so calm, and was always the one to make her laugh.
Also, Mark make this duck/ pig- like sound with his throat that I can't do, and Claire loves it! She's funny because she'll try and copy Daddy, when he does it. He loves sharing food with her, too!
I also love seeing Claire so interested in buckles on everything, stacking blocks and making towers, and how interested she is in making things work, reminds me so much of Mark's intelligence.

She also loves the computer, just like Daddy!
During the day, when we are eating lunch, Claire will look over at his chair, or go to grab his hand during the prayer, and she'll say, "Da-eee," and I know that even if she doesn't run to him the second he runs in the door, she sure loves her "Da-eeee."
With Lauren, there is just this soft spot that I think Lauren has for him. Wrapped around his finger, is more like it...
She smiles bigger and laughs harder when he's around. She also gives him slobbery kisses. I think that anyone who has been around Lauren will agree that she has her father's disposition.
She is extremely laid back, quiet, and attentive. Mark is really great at snuggling with her...
and always knows how to make her laugh.

Not to mention, she (just like her sister) looks just like him. :)

The Sisters have such a great Daddy. He won me over, and I think he is doing the same to them every day. I love that as they grow up, they'll be able to look at boys and think, "Well, you're great and all, but you'll never be as great as my Daddy, because he is awesome!"
Happy Father's Day, Mark. You are such a great Father to our girls. We are all so blessed that we get to spend our days with you!

No comments: