Our Family...

Our Family...

Monday, April 25, 2011

Cherishing the Moments with My Moms...

The past few months I've really enjoyed watching my mom and Mark's mom with the sisters. Each of them bring special gifts to the girls in their own way.

My Mom, Nana, has this warm approach to the sisters that I can't really explain. It's kind of like I'm her little girl all over again, and I'm reliving it through them. She will sing silly songs to Claire and dance around with her, chase her, read to her, and it immediately takes me back to sitting in her lap, playing with her necklace and listening to her read to me. I'm sure that sisters will remember Nana's "S" necklace on her neck, just like I do. I just love the the sisters are getting time with Nana.


Mark's mom, Twyla, or Grams, has this way with Claire, especially, that I can't describe. It's fun to watch her teach Claire how to play the piano, pick lettuce and spinach from the garden, and how to sit down on the kitchen floor when she wants a drink. She is so patient and calm with both of them. It's precious. I know she wanted granddaughters so badly, and the sisters are so lucky to have her as a grandmother.

I hope that I am able to be the kind of mom that these two women were and are still. I have excellent models to look up to, and I feel so blessed to be called a mommy to these 2 precious little ladies.
What a gift! Cherishing the moments...

2 comments:

Kelly Lawson said...

Lovely tribute.

Janette said...

Precious. And your header picture is simply adorable. :)