Our Family...

Our Family...

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Claire Has an Announcement

Claire has some news...

and she's reaaallly excited about it! :) On January 25 she'll be a big sister! Here are some things that she has been asked recently:

How far apart will you and your brother or sister be? 14 mos. and 11 days (if the due date holds up).

Were your mommy and daddy planning to make you a big sister? Yes! Mommy is a twin, and daddy's brothers are all pretty close in age, so they wanted a close family. :)

Are your parents crazy? They may just be.

What is the plan for you and your brother and sister for day care? Well, I'm really excited because mommy just finished teaching, and she is going to stay home and take care of me and my new baby brother or sister.

What if the new baby turns out to be twins? Well, mommy and daddy said there was just one heartbeat at the doctor, but you never know...

How is your mommy feeling? Mommy is feeling pretty yucky right now. She doesn't like to eat much of anything except for potatoes, plain pasta, chicken nuggets, and fruit. She said it's a lot like when I was in her tummy, but this time she's a little more tired. I think it's because she is taking care of me, too!

We can't forget daddy. How's he feeling? Daddy is excited about another baby, but he is spending a lot of time helping around the house. He does the dishes, gets food for mommy, and he has even been taking me to the park and on adventures away from the house to give mommy time to nap. I love daddy.

What does Myko think of all this? Myko was a little bummed because he's going to be outnumbered again. Mommy said that she had a feeling she was expecting because Myko was acting crazy, but he's always crazy to me.

What do you think about all of this? Well, I really am just focusing on putting everything in my mouth, trying to crawl, and eating big girl food. I haven't had time to focus on it, and mommy doesn't think I'll even remember, but I'm pretty smart. I'm excited to show my new baby brother or sister how much fun it is to be a McSpadden!





4 comments:

Becky said...

What a cute Q&A session!

I laughed out loud at Claire's "Well, I really am just focusing on putting everything in my mouth..."

Congatulations!

Sarah Kirksey said...

I love this post. :) Yes!

Renae said...

Such a sweet post!! We're so excited for y'all. Hope you feel better soon. I was just overjoyed today in church to have Alaina there then after Hudson's announcement then saw Julie so thought about Lydia then looked up and saw David and Claire and then Kyndall and Lynlee...we are all so blessed! Oh and I've been meaning to tell you. If Claire has a baby brother, he will score for hand-me-downs. Both Aaron & Blake were born at the end of January.

the libbys said...

i was wondering when this post would come! :) CONGRATS!!!