Merry Christmas from the McSpaddens!
This past weekend, we went to the annual "Kolendo Cookie Decorating Party," and it didn't disappoint! The Kolendo's new baby, Kaden, was part of the fun (although he won't be decorating cookies for awhile!) We were, again, asked to decorate a cookie to resemble your spouse. This year, we did much better- except for the fact that Mark gave decorated me as wearing a tank top, which clearly I was not! We can't say that for our "couple's tree cookie." I accidentally broke the top of our super abstract tree, so it was 1/2 the size of everyone else's. It became the "Charlie Brown" cookie!
We are both thrilled to have 2 weeks off of work to relax and enjoy the holidays.
We hope to post a lot of pictures from our holiday adventures and house projects! We'll keep you posted!
Holiday Fun!
Here are some favorite things about the holidays for us that we thought we'd share as well:
Mark's Favorites: (these seem like things he likes year round, but when I asked, this is what he said!
1. Fires (we do have a fire place now!)
2. Family (hanging out, eating, games, etc...)
3. Food (meat and candy- you know
your basic food groups)
4. Paid time off (we both appreciate this one)
5. Tying up loose ends (just tonight he cleaned out his email inbox and finished 2 books)
Shevawn's Favorite:
1. Constant reminders of the LORD and his glory!
2. Christmas Decorations (including the tree- it just makes everything so warm and homey!)
3. The fireplace- ours is real, so we get that wonderful crackle and smell- I love it!
4. Reading a ton of books- I cannot wait to get started!
5. Time with family- I feel like I get more opps to see all of my family and catch up... my sister is moments away from having a baby, and I love that I will get to be there for her!
and tied for 5th- NO WORK- yep! I said it! 2 weeks is such a great amount of time to decompress after a tiring semester, so yea, I said it, NO WORK!
What's New this Christmas:
1. Our home
2. Our snuggle pup- Myko
3. The fireplace (it needs a place of its own on the list)
4. Our Christmas tree- usually we get a real one, but now we have an attic!
5. A roommate- Sister Kim (Keith's wife) is living with us until April :) We love her!
Here are some photos of our house- decorated for the holidays ! Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment